Recently, I have had an incredible opportunity to be filmed for an Abstract film about how I see the world as a VIP. (Visually Impaired Person) 👀
I was born with LCA (Lebers Congenital Amrosis) which limits my vision to dark and light shades/tones. I cannot see things that are far away as they appear VERY blurry But I can see things when they’re close to me…mostly a pretty clear outline with different tones making up the visible object.
It‘s quite difficult to explain what I see and many human beings around me do end up getting confused!! 🤔
So I would say that this film was a great chance to give others a new window into my world and how I percive things.
The most extraordinary discovery from being a VIP is how I have learnt to tap into the superpowers hidden in my other senses like sound, touch, and taste.
Throughout the making of this mini-documentary,
I was asked to do various activities while being filmed.
1. The way I touch water, what the texture feels like and the different sounds created when water is running.
2. How it makes me feel when the sun shines through my bedroom window and which senses it stimulates.
3. How I hear the sound of different textured items like leaves or dried flowers.
4. How I walk around in my space, what I hear and how I get sense of my environment
5. My experience of playing with sensory toys like the Newtons Cradle or the Pendulum wave and what feelings I get from doing,so.
My Dream is to remove the word "Disability" from the dictionary as I don't think it defines any physical or mental challenges.
Disability is a descriptive word for “being unable to do things“ which I completely disagree with.!! 👎🏽
I BELIEVE THAT ANYONE CAN DO ANYTHING THEY PUT THIER HEART INTO.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JUST DISCOVER UNIQUE WAYS OF DOING THINGS DIFFERENTLY THROUGH ADAPTION AND CREATIVITY.
REMEMBER…ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!